Herkulit® PM4 should only be used as “wet in wet” system and as second layer on good quality concrete surfaces, between 8 to 10 mm. Herkulit® PM4 is ready to be mixed with water and it is made of best quality quarts, washed and dried to remove residues and to avoid moist when mixed together with cement (CEM1), hard and strong aggregates, PP-fibres, different additives as well as eventual color pigments.
To achieve a satisfactory result when laying Herkulit® PM4 in so called “wet in wet” system, it is important that the concrete base is correctly mixed and laid. The surface and structure of the base concrete is of crucial importance for the bonding of the top layer. Normally used is a C25/30 concrete, according to EN 206.
In order to ensure that Herkulit® PM4 function optimally, the base concrete must fulfil the following requirements:
The surface of the concrete base
The concrete base, generally vacuum-treated or water reduced by using naphthalene based plasticizer, should be even and of good quality. If “slump” is less or maximum 15, a C 28/30 concrete sub base is recommended. If “slump” is 15 or more, a C 30/37 concrete sub base is recommended.
PS! Not for air-entrained concrete.
The base concrete should be laid sufficiently evenly so that the thickness of the Herkulit® PM4 can be kept within the given margins (8-10 mm).
Laying instruction ”wet in wet” system:
1. Apply the concrete base as evenly as possible. Advantageous with water reducer Naphthalene based plasticizer included or using vacuum system.
2. When the concrete base is walkable, power trowel the surface 1 time with a trowel pan in both directions.
3. Mix the Herkulit® PM4 with water in a big mixer in minimum 3-4 min in the following proportions:
- Mix 25 kg Herkulit® PM4 with 2,25 liter of water (WCR 0,36) minimum 3-4 min, until you have a plastic consistence (similar to mortar)
- Mix 500 kg BB Herkulit® PM4 with 45 liter of water (WCR 0,36) minimum 3-4 min, until you have a plastic consistence (similar to mortar)
- Mix 1000 kg BB Herkulit® PM4 with 90 liter of water (WCR 0,36) minimum 3-4 min, until you have a plastic consistence (similar to mortar)
4. Apply the mixture in 8 to 10 mm thickness, with a screed/vibrating beam.
5. Powertrowel the surface with trowel pans in both directions at least 5-6 times.
6. Then powertrowel the surface with only finishing blades in both directions at least 3-4 times.
7. Apply Lithurin® IIS as moisture curing directly after completed trowelling according to the laying instruction.
Consumption Herkulit® PM4
22 kg Herkulit® PM4 per m2 per 10 mm thickness.
20 kg Herkulit® PM4 per m2 per 8 mm thickness.
Grey and light grey. Other colors can be mixed upon request.